...and full of information. For those of you who don't know, I found out last week that I have gestational diabetes. Not too much of a surprise, being my mom had it. I'm hoping to avoid her pain of having a 10 pound, 10 ounce baby (me) however. So the biggest thing I need to do is change my diet. Drastically. I never truly realized how much junk I ate until I had to meet with a dietician and give her a breakdown of my daily indulgences. It was a bit embarassing. Like how I have a granola bar for a snack, but not the good kind of course. And my love of those golden arches. And let's not forget that chocolate has been a major food group in my life for as long as I can remember. Atleast she didn't tell me I can't have cheese. I've got to be able to keep something, right? Its been a challenge to say the least. I also have to poke my finger 4-5 times a day to check my blood sugar, which my doctor will keep an eye on. So far, no insulin shots. Its only been about a week, and I think I've done pretty good so far. I'd like to say that anyone that comes to see us in the hospital won't be allowed in without a king size candy bar, but I suppose that won't help me get back into shape. I certainly wouldn't turn them away though.
We also started our parenting classes this week. It was pretty fun for the most part. They certainly don't waste any time getting into the good stuff though. We watched a video. Yep, THAT video. I wasn't too keen on watching it myself, but I was definitely worried about Matt seeing that. I will never forget the look on his face when I looked over at him. His hands were over his mouth and his eyes were pretty big. He wasn't hamming it up either...it looked pretty genuine. He stayed upright though. So that was promising.
This weekend is a big one for Matt. His first Father's Day. He's been reminding me of the date for about a month now. I have something nice planned for him so I'm excited too. He's pretty wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment